Re: BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK.  I'll be happy about the draft.  But not about "Out of Service" Pervis.

Between Billups, Barros/Brown, Fox/Mercer/Minor, Walker/Williams, we've got
enough players for positions 1-4 and with Hawkins, Conlon, Szabo, Hamer &
Pepper we've got reasonable backups to choose from for the last two or three
seats on the bench.  Assuming that Radja (and not assuming anything specific
in return) and Wesley (unless one or both of Barros/Brown depart for
something other than a PG) are gone, we're left with an untenable situation
at center.  Nothing new.  I'm disappointed that Ervin Johnson got dealt and
we didn't get him.  Instead of blowing smoke about Pippen (and MJ, yeah,
right!) we could have been working a deal.

So EJ ain't great, a 10-10 man at best, so what?  There are only a handful of
great centers out there right now and none of them are moving.  Then there's
the second tier and EJ's on it.  Then there's the third tier of PF's playing
the pivot and haven't we had enough of that?  We've got no one to check not
only Ewing (who does?) but also Mourning, Seikaly, Smits, Mutombo, Divac and
yes, even Muresan; plus, now, EJ.
No matter how hard guys under 6'10 work, over 48 mins. a team needs a few of
those easy boards and buckets that come from a guy being in the right place
at the right time and big enough to do something about it with relative ease.