Re: Big Hole in the Middle

Alex stated:

> Why would Atlanta do that. If they want Fox, they can get him for free.

They may not be able to due to their inability to get rid of Ken Norman &
salary cap problems. Fox has also stated he is willing to sign with Boston
for less, but if he was smart and did, he should have a no-trade clause.

2.  Williams or Weatherspoon to Jersey for Jayson Williams.

 >Williams provides a physical presence inside and we take Mercer & Van
Horn in the draft.  Minor for Brent Barry and Howard Eisley through FA.

> I really like Williams. I think he's a real keeper for the future, and
strongly hope the Celtics don't trade him. 'Spoon, I don't mind either way.

On this one I was referring to Jayson Williams.
At the 3 you need a quick slasher who can shoot and play defense.  Eric
Williams game is more of a low post game, he does not have a good outside
shot, and is not that quick or great on D.  Maybe Pitino can get him into
shape & work on his jumper, but based on the rumors he & Dino were on the
block, Dino is gone, Eric could be soon to follow.

> I want Howard Eisley with the Celts next year if we don't draft a point
guard. I like this guy a lot. I found in the finals that Utah played MUCH
better with Eisley on the floor instead of Stockton. Everytime Eisley came
on, Utah went on scoring streaks.

> Eisley would be a fairly cheap pickup & Boston would be one of his top
choices.  But with a weak point guard crop and several teams looking, he
may get an offer he can't refuse from someone else.