Re: Big Hole in the Middle

Ed Boggess stated:

> We got rid of Dino's high contract, but also lost 4
> inches. Now, we are overly stacked at the forward positions. And without
center basically. We can't count on Never Nervous Pervis and Cage to fill
the hole. And I don't want to see another year of Walker playing the center
> spot at 6'8". So, now we're sort of screwed unless we can nail Vin Baker.
If not, then we may have to pick Tony Battie. He's a great player, but not
sure if he can immediately step into the center spot. He's 6'11", has the
size, but is way underweight and will get shoved around down there in the
paint. We're in some dilemma, but I think Pitino knows what he's doing, so
I'll sit back these next few days and watch him go to work. Go get em Rick!

> -Bird33

I don't expect both Weatherspoon & Eric Williams to both remain, one will
be packaged in a trade.  I would love to see the following moves happen:

1. Fox resigned at a decent price. He also could be moved to Atlanta for
the 22 pick, they need a scoring 3.

2.  Williams or Weatherspoon to Jersey for Jayson Williams.

Williams provides a physical presence inside and we take Mercer & Van Horn
in the draft.  Minor for Brent Barry and Howard Eisley through FA.

Lineup

Barry   		Eisley
Mercer		Barros
Van Horn	Fox
Walker
Williams

With Barry's size & versatility, we can now have Barros come off the bench
as a 6th man at the 2 , use Eisley at 1,  Barry 2, Mercer at 3 on occasions
also.

3. A 3 way trade, Jersey getting Weatherspoon or Eric Williams, Milwaukee
getting Jayson Williams & Eric or Spoon, and Boston getting Vin Baker. We
still take Mercer & Van Horn,  or McGrady at 6

Lineup

Barry		Eisley
Mercer		Barros
Van Horn or McGrady  Fox
Walker
Baker

I like the results of this one.

I read that in a workout for Vancouver, I believe, Van Horn hit 46 out of
50 from around the 15-17 foot range.

There is also another rumor that Elden Campbell & Van Exel go to Denver for
Mcdyess & the #5 pick.  If the Lakers land Mcdyess & Daniels, or McGrady ,
it could mean a renewed Celtic & Laker rivalry in a few years.