Re: Radja Trade

BigDave wrote:

>         The analysts on ESPNet gave the better of this trade to Boston,
> and I have to agree with them.  Not only do we get rid of Radja's salary,
> but we get a player in equal skill, if not slightly better.

You've got to be kidding.  In what way is Spoon better (or even equal)
to Dino.  Dino has a better outside shot, is a better scorer, a better
shot blocker, runs the court better, has the size to play power forward
or center, and has had better numbers (though the numbers are close).
Even Pitino has said in multiple interviews that the team is not as good
as it was without Radja, but the move is for the future.  I like
Weatherspoon (but I don't think he fits in with our needs) and I like
the salary cap room the deal creates, but in no way is Spoon the
equivalent to Dino (unless you count the fact that both have been labled
as lazy defenders (Dino more than Spoon, but both have had the rapp).
Take the positives that there are in the deal, but don't expect things
from Spoon he can't deliver...he will not be able to fill the void DIno
leaves--even Pitino has said so.

Adam