Re: Radja Trade

It seems there's some misunderstanding about the enthusiasm generated by this
trade.  It isn't so much a matter of getting rid of Dino as being realistic.
 The man has a game.  But it isn't a Pitino game (48 mins. of hell) which is
going to be even more stressful on bodies than what we've been seeing.  We
were abysmal last year and our record demands radical change.  With that
realization, the biggest obstacle was cap considerations and Dino's was the
most problematic.
Most people seem geared up to see 'Spoon leave town without unpacking his
bags and while this would neither surprise nor disappoint me (if & only if
it's a good deal rather than dealing just for the sake of change) I think he
could register career bests under Pitino.  People are noting his match-up
difficulties on defense but eventhough these observations are correct, they
won't be as glaring here as they would be on a team dependent on the
half-court set.  Most of our offense is going to be generated by a
full-court, pressure D and we need people with both the physical attributes
and the attitude to play help defense.  'Spoon has both.  If we manage to
keep him along with Williams (& of course Walker) and they each get about 32
mins. we should be able to coast to some easy victories and compete with the
better teams.
Best of all, if we keep him for a year and he doesn't become an integral part
of the mix... free cap space!
This deal is all good.