Dino trade

It was good for us. And, if Dino plays well for them as I hope, good for
them.  Without question the first priority was salary cap.  Essentially,
trading Dino was a no brainer.  Did anyone want to keep a 30 year old of
questionable durability at $5 million a year?  Come on!  I liked what Dino
accomplished, too, but this was a great first step.

Second.  Weatherspoon can play.  Keep Williams and see who emerges
as helping us best.  Then, if we need to trade Williams in December, go
ahead.  Spoon will be "free" next summer.  It's a win/win deal.

Third.  Cage allows us a durable backup to Battie or Cato or whomever
we select to groom for the future.  Plus, his run is up at our choice next
summer.

I can see a Barros for an early second round pick type of trade, but
doubt we'll be able to expel Brown or Ellison or Minor.

I would sure like to get the inside story on Pitino's real interest here (the
draft may not show it completely):  does he really want Billups or
Mercer?  Was there a secret agreement on the #2 pick?  Wow!  I'm
ready.

Gene