Re: Radja Trade

At 08:22 PM 6/21/97 +-900, you wrote:
>It seems that an awful lot of people are real pleased about getting rid of
Dino.

>Given that he was a second-round pick and not far from the all-star game
just two years ago I would say this is one of the few good things that have
gone right for the C's in recent years.

>Unfortunately the game is now controlled by the salary cap and a stupid
decision years back to pay way over market rate has now com back to hurt us
in the shape of yet another fairly mediocre tweener.

>I would agree with posts that suggest now Philly is paying Dino 6M per,
that they are very unlikely to be taking Battie at # 2.  All this talk about
Pitino's plan is getting a little worrying thinking that our starting center
for next year will probably be an underweight rookie, with Daniels? at the
point.

Geez,

Glass is half filled huh??

I'll take "another fairly mediocre tweener" and his 16 pts (granted not last
year: read Iverson) and 8 rebounds per game over a three year 5 million plus
salary that is hurt often and can't play defense.

As far as an "underweight rookie" at Center. Riddle me this do you want
another season of Brickowski, Hamer, and Lister in the middle?

JC