Re: globe news (!)

- --------------F275CFAF36FF6FD1974CCBFB

SKMISHRA.US.ORACLE.COM wrote:

  > They haven't done this, I hope, because they know it would be
  > counterproductive.  Look, the next level for the C's right now is
not
  > having their collective noses shoved in the dirt.  This team needs
time.
  > I love the Celts, and I believe Pitino can work miracles, but keep
that
  > first for next year, because it will be a lottery pick.  The rookies

  > from this year will be on second contracts before the C's threaten
for
  > the championship.  Let's be patient people, if we have survived the
  > Rumpelstiltskin act the leprechaun has pulled over the last eleven
  > years, we can be patient enough not to try for the quick one or two
year
  > fix.

  Let's assume that it will be a lottery pick..so who are we going to
draft next
  year? According to scouts there is no big player even in high school
who's
  capable of developing into a legit center. The next years class of top

  draftee's is almost predictable and will include: Jamison, LeFrantz,
Paul
  Pierce, Miles Simon, Lamar Odom. It's possible that there will be
somebody
  else whose stock will rise and he makes to the top but chances of that

  happening is remote. I don't see a big time center or a marquee player
in the
  above bunch, so how does it matter if we give away a draft pick this
year to
  either clear the salary cap or get a marquee player.
                                   - Mishra

Its true that no one right now looks like a marquee player, and God
knows there are no big time centers coming out.  But I
believe tha we have to take a little different tack with the team
considering Pitino as coach and our salary cap position.  I want
to trust Pitino's skill for player development, and his ability to
attract proven players through free agency.  A trade now for a
star young enough to be around 6-8 years (eg, Kemp, McDyess) would use
up one or two of the picks we have now, picks
whom I believe Pitino can develop as good or better for the system he is
laying down.  The cap situation has no bearing on
signing rookies, and in two to three years, when these rooks are hitting
their stride, our cap situation we very different, and we
can go for the big free agent who will put us into contention.  Until
then, let's see if Coach P can turn some of these guys
around, and maybe make them attractive enough to get some actual velue
for, rather than just dumping them to clear cap space.

- --
Geoffrey H. Carr

English Instructor
Asahikawa Board of Education
Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan

Voice and Fax 81-166-36-2335
E-mail  boston@eolas-net.or.jp

Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current.

- --------------F275CFAF36FF6FD1974CCBFB

begin:          vcard
fn:             Geoffrey  Carr
n:              Carr;Geoffrey
org:            Asahikawa Board of Education
adr:            Kyoinjutaku A-21;;Higashiasahikawa kita 1-6-8-8;Asahikawa ;Hokkaido;078;Japan
email;internet: boston@eolas-net.or.jp
title:          Instructor
tel;fax:        0166-36-2335
tel;home:       0166-36-2335