Re: Battie or McDyess

I still think Rick is blowing smoke and will take Mercer if available,
after Duncan he has the best potential of becoming a superstar.

yes, I totally agree. The only reason Mercer has dropped in draft rankings
is because Pitino has made it "known" that he will not draft Mercer. It is
all a smokescreen as you say.

 If Philly
goes Thomas or Billups at 2, we take Mercer at 3, Battie, Daniels or Van
Horn will be available at 6.

Those are some pretty good players. We can't lose!

Baker & 10 for say Williams or Radja & 6.

This could be a good deal as we would be able to take Mcgrady at 10 and get
rid of salary and get a allstar calibre forward in Baker.

The biggest risk is they will be
free agents & some long term deal would be required or we could lose them

The problem with drafting rookies is this three year free agency clause.
It'is a joke as signing them up is difficult and if you do sign them you had
better hope they deliver or you're hamstrung.