Mercer's Stock Dropping?

Could Ron Mercer drop as low as five? According to an article in the Denver Post
It's possible. www.denverpost.com/sports/sport338.htm

The article points out that Pitino has said he won't take Mercer with either
the 3 or the 6. That's news to me.

JC

Here is a snipit:

Philadelphia, with the No. 2 pick, is said to be looking at Texas Tech

center Tony Battie, who would fill a gaping hole in the 76ers' lineup.

Boston and Vancouver, third and fourth respectively, are said to be

considering point guards.

Combine that with new Boston and former Kentucky coach Rick Pitino's

innuendos about Mercer, and it's easy to understand why his number has

dropped. Pitino has implied he won't take Mercer with either of Boston's

top-10 picks (they also have No. 6). That has some other teams

wondering why, although they're also wondering if Pitino is merely

posturing.

"Maybe he doesn't need the position I play in the system he has right

now," Mercer said of Pitino's position. "It wouldn't bother me at all. I

 understand it's a business and nothing personal.''