Re: Draft & Free Agency

> Two points:
>
> I don't see trading Eric Williams for a draft pick unless it is in the top
> four.  He is a proven talent, and a young talented big man.  No way do you
> ever trade that for a late lottery pick, even in a deep draft -- which this
> definitely isn't.  Williams is still a big part of our foundation.

IMO, Williams is no where as good as you indicate.  On being a young, talented,
big man, I will agree that he is somewhat young.  No one would give a top 4 pick for
Williams.  He should have been a 18-25 pick then and that is all he is worth now.

> Also:  I think we should all be psyched to see what Greg Ostertag has been
> doing to the bulls.  Proof you don't need to have a top pick/superstar 5 to
> play center.  SOME white stiffs can work out too.  I think Ostertag is
> playing like a top center.  Did you see his block on Longley?  I love how he
> grabs rebounds at the top of his jump too.  not like Big Country and the
> rest.

Always liked Ostertag.  He is intense, smart and has good defensive instincts.
instead we draft Montross who couldn't jump, couldn't run, couldn't defend and couldn't
rebound.

Fred