Re: Fear of trading

- ----------
> Our strength is in our two picks.  If a real player is available at
three, I  would prefer him (Mercer, even Billups, Battie) rather than most
of the deals bandied about.  I'm not sure I want Vin Baker, certainly not
Dampier, or even Joe Smith.  Now, McDyess & Kemp are players, but what kind
of baggage (contract, expectations) do we sign on for with
> them.
>
>  Hold out, Coach Rick.  Make them trade for the #6; keep the #3.

Gene, I agree, except if Philly takes Mercer.  I think Baker would be a
straight up swap for the 3 cause I am not completely sold on Battie, but I
would not give them the 3 & 6.

We are in the drivers seat, hopefully any trades will be made at draft time
and we wait and see who is available.  I think adding Mercer,  & Baker, Van
Horn , or Daniels is what we need , one player is not going to help us.  We
need to play hardball and get a player for what we want to give up, not
have someone rebuild with our picks.  I am also not sure Kemp, McDyess, or
Smith fit ?  Antoine had a pretty impressive year playing 4, and is only
what 21 ?