Re: SIXR13.htm

> More blowing smoke from Philly ???

But what does Philly gain by touting Tim Thomas it won't make San Antonio
draft Thomas instead of Duncan, unless ofcourse they trade down. Maybe
Larry Brown see's something in Thomas that other's have missed..maybe he is
bored with Dale Davis/Antonio Davis type of players. He is a maverick in
some sense..well! whatever it maybe, it augurs well for the celtics if the
phillys pick Thomas at #2. My choice of our pair of picks will be one of
the following:

Battie & Mercer,
Battie & Van Horn,
Battie & Van Horn,
Mercer & Van Horn,
Battie & Foyle
Mercer & Foyle
in that order.

If we miss on Mercer in the draft then I would package Dino & Williams for
Jackson/Kendall Gill & Williams. This will absolutely solidify the
frontline and the shooting guard spot. Regarding point, I would give wesley
1 year 3 mill contract for 97-98 season which would satisfy him as per
reports, Brown & Dana back up Wesley, while Minor backs up
Jackson/Gill/Mercer depending on how the draft pans out.

With the above combinations the 97-98 Celtics look as under:
Wesley, Barros, Brown
Mercer/Gill/Jackson, Minor
Van Horn/Fox, Williams/Fox
Walker, Battie/Foyle <in case we don't get either Battie or Foyle..Ellison
will have to play some minutes at PF>
Dino, Ellison
What do you all think ? - Mishra