> >> He could hit the wall as Dominique Wilkins did after about 10 years.
> >
> >Dominique Wilkins was never that good to begin with.
Phenomenallyathletically gifted, but he had a very poor understanding of
the game and very poor instincts.  When his extraordinary leaping ability
faded, there was nothing left except the fact that he does not know>how to
play basketball.

> This statement is ludicrous.  Saying that Nigue was never that great to
begin with after all those great wars he has had with Jordan and Bird?
Anyone who could play them and hold his own in such a fashion is awfully
damn good to me!
> Also, you criticize his instincts.  Anyone that scored as many points as
he did has great instincts.
> I think given the right situation, Nique can still play effectively
despite age an inability to jump as he used too.  He just needs to be in
the right situation.

Other than the last paragraph I agree with you.  Like you said you don't
score that many points & make the all-star team that many times without
having some instincts. He may not have been the perfect team player, but
what else did Atlanta have ?  His knee injury ended his ability to really
be a top player as it did for Ron Harper, Danny Manning, etc.