>> He could hit the wall as Dominique Wilkins did after about 10 years.
>
>Dominique Wilkins was never that good to begin with.  Phenomenally
>athletically gifted, but he had a very poor understanding of the game
>and very poor instincts.  When his extraordinary leaping ability
>faded, there was nothing left except the fact that he does not know
>how to play basketball.
>
>By the way, I think it's absolutely outrageous to say that Kemp is
>better than Karl Malone.  Just *what* does he do better?  Slam the
>ball harder?

This statement is ludicrous.  Saying that Nigue was never that great to
begin with after all those great wars he has had with Jordan and Bird?
Anyone who could play them and hold his own in such a fashion is awfully
damn good to me!
Also, you criticize his instincts.  Anyone that scored as many points as he
did has great instincts.
I think given the right situation, Nique can still play effectively despite
age an inability to jump as he used too.  He just needs to be in the right
situation.  Great athletes like Nique or Jordan adjust to loss of vertical
mobility.  I am not saying he can take a team over as he used too, but he
can be very effective off the bench or even starting on a championship
caliber team.  The man knows how to play the game, I Think longevity proves
that.

Kemp is not better than Malone.  He may be IF he ever matures.  Malone is a
better team player and way the hell more mature.  Kemp has a long way to go
to challeng the Mailman.

In regard to the NBA draft.  I think we should go big with our picks unless
we neglect to resign Wesley then we need to go big and then small.  Get a
proven point guard.  If Wesley is gone, which would be bad, I do not have
confidence in MINOR(The name suites him), Dee, Dana, or any of our other
midgets.  I'd like to see Walker takeover the 1, but I don't know how
effective he would be or if Pitino would go for that either.
If we are going to cut Wesley, I just hope Pitnino and crew has someone in
mind to replace him otherwise we are hanging in the breeze with our current
guys.
Colin Hall
http://www.inet-direct.com/colin/
"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...or the one" -Spock