Re: Rebuilding

This is the best trade scenario I've heard yet.  Too many of the proposed
trades posted to this list are just too far-fetched.  I could see this one
happening, though.  Hey, regardless of what happens, we are sure to end up
with a couple of good players.  Still, a front line of Baker, Smith, and
Walker would be pretty damn good!

Gregg

- ----------
> From: JLyell <jlyell@concentric.net>
> To: Celtics <celtics@igtc.com>
> Subject: Rebuilding
> Date: Sunday, June 01, 1997 2:02 PM
>
> What does everyone think of the final outcome of these moves ?
>

> Send 3 & Radja & Williams to Milwauke for Baker & their #10.
>
> Milwaukee can then move Allen or the big DOG (who they have wanted to get
> rid of anyway)to Philly for Stackhouse.
>
> Philly an now take Mercer or Tim Thomas and with say Robinson decide who
> plays the 2 and who plays the 3.
>
> Milwaukee can replace Baker with Battie , keep Allen at the 2 and move
> Stackhouse to 3 with Willaims & Radja at sharing time at 4.
>
> This seems to improve the strained chemistry of both teams.
>
> Boston now sitting at 6 could be looking at Van Horn, who Warrior new
coach
> ? Rick Majerus would love to have.  Boston moves 6 & Brown or Barros to
> Golden State for Joe Smith (who is leaving next year) & their #8.  We
have
> unloaded the salaries of Radja & Brown or Barros' and now have a pretty
> awesome front line for the future of Baker, Smith, &  Walker.  If we
resign
> Rick Fox  the typical Boston 6 man role that leaves us looking good up
> front.
>
> We now have the 8 & 10 spots to solidify our backcourt & choose 2 from
> possibly Daniels , McGrady, Knight, Vaughn, Anderson, Carr, Freeman,
> Shammgod, or Bobby Jackson.
>
> With the young quick front like above,  I think adding Brevin Knight and
> Anderson, McGrady, or Carr would give us one hell of an athletic running
> team.  Knight although undersized, is so quick and a good scorer I think
he
> will be successful in the NBA.  I bet Jerry West would love to replace
Van
> Exel with Knight.  Put a big shooting 2 like Anderson. Mcgrady or Cory
Carr