Re: possibilities

On Sat, 31 May 1997 15:45:14 -0400 (EDT) "Enter Real Name Here
(Optional)" <haven't@ime.net> writes:
>out of all of the possibilities so far, I like the idea of keeping
>what we
>have.  I can picture Dino Radja playing Center, Antoine Walker at
>Power
>Forward, Eric Williams at Small Forward,  with the 3rd pick taking
>Chauncey
>Billups for Point Gaurd and with the 6th pick taking Tracy McGrady to
>play
>Shooting Gaurd.  I feel that with this team We'd be faster than most
>teams
>down low and bigger than most teams up front with our Guards 6' 3 and
>6'8.
>If we had any money left under the salary cap I'd try and get as a
>free
>agent at Center and or Power Forward as a backup.  Does anyone have
>any
>suggestions for free agents?
>

>I agree, why should we trade players like Dino, Dana, and Dee before
they are given a chance under a new system.  These guys can make major
contributions if given the right situation.  Every game that I have saw
Dino play, he has given the opposing players problems.  He caused Shaq
all types of problems, because he can take his man off the dribble, shoot
the medium range shot,  block shots, and is tough in the low post.  Dee,
before he got feed up with the old system was playing like a future
allstar.  He can defend, shoot the three, block shots, hustle, take his
man off the dribble, and will defend the opposing one or two guard.  Then
one will say " well he can`t guard a Jordan or Reggie Miller?  Hell,  Who
can ?  But he would also cause match up problems for the opposing team.
Dana,  is for sure needed in the Pitino system. Do you  remember these
names of former players that came off the bench to simply shoot and cause
havoc for the opposing teams "Down Town Freddie Brown and The Microwave"?
 I think the Dana can do the same thing for Boston.  Every Champion must
have a few solid role players ( Boston in the Eighties had the best
starting five in all of Basketball.  However, NO BENCH and that denied
Bird and the crew  a possibility of  three additional championships).
Give the guys  a chance.  I would hate to see these guys come back to
hurt us.  If they are given a chance and fail, then trade them.  By the
way, who do we have that can guard Dino, if we traded him today?  I think
he would score at will.