Re: Trade?

- ----------
> From: Jason Gunkel

I  just thought of a good trade that is quite possible.  Dino Radja and #3
for Vin Baker and Milwaukee's #10.  We would get a great big man and still
have two good picks left at #6 and #10.  I think it is very possible that
Milwaukee would do this because Baker will probable leave after the season
and they would get something descent in return for him instead of losing
him for nothing.  I know some of you think we should wait until the end of
the season and sign Baker as a free agent and that is a good idea, but I
think it would be better and sign him now.  Some team might offer him more
money than we have available.  Also, it seams that the Celtics might be
going to make some kind of trade similar to this one.
> I think it would be a good trade for both teams and it might happen.

What does everybody think?

 Before we go after Baker we need to know how much he is wanting on a long
term contract.  If he wants $10M a year like Mourning & Howard I say forget
it, he isn't worth that much.  But it might be smart to trade & make it
dependent on him signing a multi-year contract so he is not on the market
at the end of the year and no matter how much he likes Boston, simply
unable to turn down a ridiculous $10M a year contract offer from someone
who has the cap room & money to burn.  Especially when teams are giving the
likes of Jim Macilvaine $5M a year for 5 points a game !

Milwaukee need to look at all options because Baker will be gone, & he
isn't happy there.

I would sweeten the pot and give Radja & Williams or Minor & the 3, for
Baker & 10.  You need a 3 that can shoot the outside J in the NBA, I now
think it is best to move Williams & keep Fox if he is serious,  for say $2M
a year plus incentive bonuses.  I like the idea of getting Baker, Daniels,
McGrady, Van Horn, or Thomas at 6 & maybe Knight, Anderson, or Cory Carr at
10   or move 10 to Cleveland for 13 & 16 & possibly take 2 of Anderson,
Carr, Honeycutt, Croshere, Shammgod, Bobby Jackson, Kebu Stewert. or Scot
Pollard.

I have a feeling Pitino wants Derek Anderson but doesn't want to take him
to early.