Re: SHAWN KEMP ASKS FOR TRADE!

"smishra" <smishra@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> > By the way, I think it's absolutely outrageous to say that Kemp is
> > better than Karl Malone.  Just *what* does he do better?  Slam the
> > ball harder?
>
> No it is not outrageous, all you have to do is take a look at the Seattle
> vs Utah where Kemp plays Malone straight up and Utah always has a tough
> time beating seattle.

So?  That doesn't prove anything about Malone or Kemp as individuals.
Show me their head-to-head statistics over the last few seasons if you
want to make that point.  Also, head-to-head matchups don't determine
who is the better player.  Even if Kemp plays Malone better than
Malone plays Kemp (which I doubt), as long as Malone plays most other
PFs better than Kemp plays most other PFs (which he does), then Malone
is better overall.

>			Besides Kemp is quicker and a better shot blocker.

Yeah, Kemp blocks more shots, but he also commits a *lot* more fouls
and often has to sit on the bench early - then he has a tendency to
pick up another foul right after going back in.  Plus Malone plays
better one-on-one defense overall.

Malone gets to the line more, has a better outside shot (Kemp can
shoot from outside when he's open; Malone doesn't have to be open),
is *significantly* better in the clutch, and is a *much* better passer
out of the post.

I'd love to have Shawn Kemp on the Celtics (as long as we don't have
to mortgage the franchise to get him, which we probably would).  Shawn
Kemp is one of the best, and I don't think we've seen the best of him
yet, but at this point there's no way he's as good as Karl Malone, let
alone better.