Re: idiotic suggestions

> If you guys (almost feel like saying children based on some of the
> childish language on this list) are this sensitive about a mostly tongue
> in cheek posting suggesting that the almighty savior/genius might only be
> human, much as Gen Lee was in his few mistakes of his brilliant military
> career, you're in for a long season.  Pitino has no more right to be
above
> criticism and humor than anyone else.  Even geniuses make mistakes, so I
> believe everyone should have every move questioned.  Knight is a good
> player because Rick says so?  Give me a break.  He's a good player when
he
> proves it, then Rick looks good.  Til then, Ricky, I'm having a tough
time
> defending ya.  Not that you care, but you best be right, or the angry
mobs
> will descend.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Knight signing is
excellent.  I was near furious that Pitino signed him, but after seeing his
potential and comparing it to Pitino's system, the better I feel.

> And telling people to shut up every time you think they're posting is
> wrong?  Well, get used to typing, 'cause IMO, 20% of these postings,
> including some of both of yours, are idoitic.  60% are redundant,
obvious,
> or just not very interesting, and 20% are why we're here.  If you try to
> cut off the other 80% with trash like your postings, you'll lose the 20%
> that's worthwhile, so don't even bother.  (And IMO, this is one of those
> 80%, but I'm sending it anyway.)

I said shut up to one person and you blast me.  Calling Rick Pitino,
Stupitino, and blasting him away is just wrong.  He hasn't coached a game
yet, and hes the goat of the franchise. He needs to coach.

> Anyway, let's all blast everyone, makes it more interesting.  We get to
> see all sides of the arguments. :)  Timmy, why is it we all know the team
> is better, yet they haven't played a game yet?  But we can't judge the
> genius until a game has been played?  You're not being consistent, Timmy.

I agree that the team is much improved, but having 5 guys under the age 25
is not gonna give you a playoff berth in the first year.  I think they will
consistently move up.  We can't judge Pitino because he has not coached an
NBA game as a Celtic, while at least some of the players have been here.  I
know the team is better, because they have drafted better players.  Rick
Pitino has shown nothing to anyone in Boston as far as I'm concerned.
Whereas we know what to expect from the players (with the exception of the
new players).  What I'm saying is don't judge the new guy in town until
you've seen him play in your town.

> Blast away!!!!!!!
>
> I'll even start first.  Who really said they care if you want a change
> now?  I personally want a championship, not a change.  That be my
opinion,
> if it differs from yours, who cares?  Should I shut up?  Actually all
> other opinions are welcome.  Great perspective into fans mentalities.
> Just don't tell me to shut up, unless you like the feeling of being
> ignored. :)  And don't except being told to shut up for proving your
> idiocy (I love proving mine) by anyone other than a list moderator.
>
> -Jamey
>
> ------------------
> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:45:06 +0800
> From: rottie@webquest.com
> Subject: Re: Rick Fox
>
> I agree shut-up and be patient, the last two years sucked and I want a
> change now!!  As for RF sure I hated to see the guy go but we need neww
> faces that will help this team.
>
> rottie
>

> At 01:43 PM 7/12/97 -0400, Timothy Jordan wrote:
> >Oh just shut up, this is the offseason.  We have definitely improved.
We