Remember that Rodman was brought from San Antonio in exchange for Perdue
and other players.  Don't know how many seasons he had played with the
spurs, but if he was traded to the spurs and the spurs traded him to
chicago, then it is like Rodman would have been with chicago all that
time, and his signing wouldn't count against the cap, depending on the
circunstances.

Its the same as the Vin Baker situation, we want to trade for Vin,
because we will be able to offer him a big contract without getting
affected by the cap.