Re: Radja, etc.

This is kind of old but I forgot to cc it. Oh well.

>Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:14:52 -0400
>To: JOzersky@aol.com
>From: "Ronald H. Evans" <ronald_evans@pipeline.com>
>Subject: Re: Radja, etc.
>
>At 10:11 AM 7/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>we'd do better
>>spending that money on a "cop" like Otis Thorpe or somebody.
>>
>On that subject, Otis Thorpe is readily available for a pittance. The
pistons tried to trade him to vancouver for a second round pick but
supposedly that deal fell through. Amending my earlier trade idea(the
far-fetched one), why don't we send Barros to detroit for Otis? However, it
would be risky. He makes 5.8 mil (I don't know when his contract ends), he
has one move(although a surprisingly effective power slam[.536fgp]) and he
doesn't rebound much(7.36rpg although Grant might have hogged some of his
rebounds. But if his contract ends next year, his advantages will outweigh
his weaknesses. He is a strong positional defender, who finishes the break
and makes most of his shots(unlike last year's celtics). But until I know
the length of his contract I won't stand behind trading for him.