Re: Renouncing free agents

>Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 08:21:09 -0400
>To: "JLyell" <jlyell@concentric.net>
>From: "Ronald H. Evans" <ronald_evans@pipeline.com>
>Subject: Re: Renouncing free agents
>
>At 06:44 PM 7/11/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>It may be now,  but was not 2 years ago.  He should have known that the
>>Olympic extended season and beating due to lack of a real center would take
>>its toll on anyone.
>Hindsight is always 20/20. Two years ago people were saying that Radja was
"untouchable", and "allstar". Radja had been healthy up to then, and at the
time the Celtics had Montross, Earl and Elission all flawed but centers.
Earl and Montross were both shipped after Dino got his new contract.

>> This is a reason they better get a physical 4/5 or
>>Walker & Knight could suffer the same wear & tear in 2 years.
>>

>I agree
>
>>Barros was a one dimensional gunner on a lousy 76er team and nowhere worth
>>$3.5M.
>
>Again we know that in hindsight. At the time, Barros was considered very
good, a player who had just had his coming out year. His scoring and
passing(7.3apg) were supposed to add another diminsion to Dino's inside game.

>>Minor had not displayed anything  to deserve anywhere near that price.
>>There are many Kenny Smiths that can be had for $250K to $500K that are
>>better players.
>
>Minor was another bust that is only recognizable in hindsight. When he
first came to the team from the pacers. Everyone liked his outside shooting
and abilities as a team player. Only when he flopped, did his signing become
another proof ML was an "idiot".