Re: Outlaw or Strong...

Jaime wrote:

> I still would prefer choosing between the two to fill up the power
> forward position Radja left.  The two are great athletic players at
> their position (PF) and would be fitting well with Pitino's game plans.
> Outlaw is a hell of a shotblocker for his size and can rebound about
> 8-10 per game.  Same with Derek Strong for his presence in the shaded
> area gives enough trouble to the Ewings, the Mournings and even the
> Shaqs(phoooey).  If either would agree to sign for not more than a
> million bucks then we should pursue either of those guys.  Don't you all
> think?

I disagree with you as far as outlaw goes. He is very athletic but far
from having a power forward body. He can block shots but to average 10
boards a game he would have to play a substantial amount of minutes.
Minutes that would be taken away from the likes of Walker or Williams
both of whom will also provide scoring that outlaw won't provide us
with. I would much rather have Strong. He can hit the jumper W/in his
range (18 ft). He is also much stronger and a far better free throw
shooter. I really doubt he will come for less than a Mill.

Art Silva