RE: Outlaw or Strong...

>I would much rather have Strong. He can hit the jumper W/in his
>range (18 ft). He is also much stronger and a far better free throw
>shooter. I really doubt he will come for less than a Mill.

Here are Derek Strong's salaries for the last 3 seasons:

94-95 Boston .... $  500,000
95-96 Lakers .... $1,000,000
96-97 Orlando ... $  247,500

Considering that he made the minimum last year, the Celtics
might be able to sign him for several hundred thousand, especially
if they make it a 2-3 year contract (Derek Strong is 29).  I seem
to remember that the Celtics offered him a 3 year deal back in
1995 but he chose to sign with the lakers for 1 year instead.

Charles