Re: Williams sucked in his second year?

- ----------
> From: Chris Littlefield <chrisl@mjr.com>
> To: Steve Chomicz <ChomS@tiac.net>; Celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: Williams sucked in his second year?
> Date: Monday, July 07, 1997 9:54 AM
>
> Really?  He came in overweight, and ended the season hurt, but played 74
games, averaging 15 points.  In 43 games in January, February, and March,
he averaged 17.8 points a game on close to 50% shooting. Gee, that sucked.
Until his knee got bruised toward the end of the season, his defense was
continuously improving.  At times he was covering the opposition's
2-guards.

I agree with the position that he was an underachiever.  Does everyone
forget that we had the worst defense in the league last year, even worse
than the expansion teams !  Look at Philly, just because you score 15-25 a
game doesn't mean you made your team any better.

IMO I would resign Fox & send Williams to Jersey for Jayson Williams.
Jayson would give us someone who can really get physical inside,  and get
10-12 boards a game.  Travis Knight is not the solution at center. He will
get thrashed if we don't add another big man.