Re: Williams sucked in his second year?

There is no question in my mind that Williams played worse last
season.  He should have had a great season but his overweightness made
him lose his speed.  Any player can look good in a snap shot.
Williams has potential that he has to develop further.  He's one of my
favorite players so I'm not trashing him cause i dislike him.  I just
have high expectations that he should be able to meet.

- -steve=20

On Mon, 7 Jul 97 12:54:52 -0400, you expressed these thoughts:

>Really?  He came in overweight, and ended the season hurt, but played 74
>games, averaging 15 points.  In 43 games in January, February, and =
March,
>he averaged 17.8 points a game on close to 50% shooting. Gee, that =
sucked.
>Until his knee got bruised toward the end of the season, his defense was
>continuously improving.  At times he was covering the opposition's
>2-guards.
>
>He's in great shape this summer, will be either the starting 3 or a =
nasty
>30+ minute 6th man behind Fox.
>
>Everything I've read outside of Boston has labelled Eric Williams a
>valuable commodity, one in which the potential really hasn't been =
tapped.
>Not bad for a player picked after Ed O'Bannon, Shawn Respert, Corliss
>Williamson, and Gary Trent.
>
>I guess I have to disagree with your assessment of his 2nd year.
>
>Chris
>

>PS, I was gone last week for the holiday, thus the slow response.

The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the PitinoPalace by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html