Re: Of Pippen, Pitino and Wallace

Adam Stated:

 What are you  basing the claim that Pitino and Wallace know how to   work
the salary cap?  Combined, they have exactly no experience negotiating
contracts, trading players, and building under the salary cap.  Pitino is a
very very very good coach, but he has no experience as a GM, and has not
> even been in the NBA with the modern salary cap.  Wallace is a very good
judge of talent, but he has only been a head   scout, he also has not been
part of managing a team.  Once we have all the players signed and in place,
  Pitino should get the most out of them, but I don't know if Pitino and
Wallace are the best choices for trying to get the best players
> we can under the salary cap.  ML Carr has much more experience than they
do....

I agree and his ability to clear out people is merely based on luck that
for most their contracts were short,  or are up and with Dino he might just
get lucky.  Billups & Mercer were not brilliant picks, anyone with any
knowledge of the game & who has seen as much of the players as Rick has
could have done the same thing.  The Pippen deal was utter stupidity,  and
not a long term solution for a franchise that has hit the bottom. As
someone else stated if that was M.L. he would have been shot, but because
it is Pitino the press thinks its brilliant.

 Out here in L.A people are saying 7years/$21M for Travis Knight ?  I
thought they fired M.L. Carr !

Only time will tell if this is a brilliant move, or just sticks us with
another overpaid player we hope Greece can save us on.