Re: Introducing the 1997-8 Boston Celtics?

- ----------

> * Andrew Declerq - There has been a lot of speculation about whether or
not the C's should sign DeClerq.  I say YES!  Not b/c I think he will be
the all-star PF we need, but b/c we will be getting a great bargain by
signing him this year to a 2 year $2 million deal. We need a banger at the
PF/C
> spot (Declerq can slide to the 5 in a pinch) or else Walker's going to be
eaten alive. Declerq is a great fit in Pitino's system:  Quick for a 6' 10"
PF, gives 100%, works hard, plays nice man defense and can play the trap,
rebounds and finishes nicely. (However, I predict that no less than 5 teams
> including the Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Warriors and Magic will vie for>
DeClerq). Here's why Pitino/Wallace will/should go after Drew.

Mark I agree with you on this one.  Although I have not seen much of him in
the NBA, he was pretty good at Florida, I believe is their second all time
rebounder, runs the court well, likes to play physical, and can play the 4
& 5 spot.  Under the right tutelage he could be a steal. I like him better
than Travis Knight, we have enough scorers with Billups, Mercer, Williams &
Walker, lets get some more inside help for Dino & Antoine.