Re: Jacque Vaughn

 I believe Jacque Vaughn would make an excellent point man for the
Celtics. Most importantly, he has the intelligence to make wise decisions
in the clutch. He also has the intangibles, like a strong leadership
presence, something which has been missing since the Big 3 were in town.
Kind of reminds me of Dennis Johnson, anyone agree? The last few years the
Celtics have been drafting big men and they've proven to be flops. The
Celtics should look at a different perspective a draft a man who can run
the show, someone that the team can rally around. I'm from Detroit myself
so I know how Doug Collins rebuilt the Pistons first hand. He drafted
Grant Hill, not the greatest college player ever, but very well-rounded
and intelligent. He's a leader, a team player, and a great role model.
Then they added a wily veteran Otis Thorpe one who could step in and make
an instant impact. Thorpe shows a thing or two to the younger big men,
Ratliff, Reid and Williams. It took Doug Collins two years to turn the
Pistons into a league contender again, I sincerely wish M.L. would take a
page from Collins book. But to write that book the celtics need a quality
coach, and that's something Boston is sure missing right now.