Re: This Mess

At 09:16 PM 1/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Adam A Suchocki wrote:
>
>> A trade is really the only way out of this injury mess.
>

>I'm amazed that no one has suggested that the Celtics CUT FRANK BRICKOWSKI!
Yes, those IDIOTS in the front
>office squandered $1.8 million that could have been spent on a player under
the age of 50 who could actually
>play (I'm sure they could have gotten Travis Knight for about 1/3 of that
salary, but that would have required
>some intelligent thought), but that's cash down the drain now.  I'm
absolutely HEARTBROKEN that good ol' Frank
>will be on the shelf with -- what was that injury again -- lumbago? -- for
the next 2 months.  Whatever will
>the Celtics do without his 4 points and 1.6 rebounds per game?
>
>If management loses any more of their brain cells, we'll end up drafting
Duncan all right -- and trading him
>for Roy Hinson.
>
>Michael Gooen

Michael,

Brikowski came to the C's as a backup center which is exactly what he is. In
fact we don't have a starting Center and it's been center by commitee all
season long. I think it was a necessary move to have brought him here
because he and several other players whose contracts are up at the end of
the season will be let go. Freeing up some cap money. Oh by the way, just
because the guy is injured dosen't give you a license to be so mean spirited.

JC