Re: This Mess

- ----------
> If management loses any more of their brain cells, we'll end up drafting
> Duncan all right -- and trading him for Roy Hinson.
> >
> >Michael Gooen
>
> Michael,
>
> Brikowski came to the C's as a backup center which is exactly what he is.
In fact we don't have a starting Center and it's been center by commitee
all
> season long. I think it was a necessary move to have brought him here
> because he and several other players whose contracts are up at the end of
> the season will be let go. Freeing up some cap money. Oh by the way, just
> because the guy is injured dosen't give you a license to be so mean
spirited.

> JC

Brickowski came to add some physical play on the inside and take some
pressure off Dino.  We all know this has not happened, Dino suffered a
season ending injury probably due to some of the abuse he was receiving on
the inside & lack of support.   This team is pathetic, we bring back old
stiffs like Ellison & Lister, sign people like Brickowski & Hamer who then
miss half the year.  I don't recall ever seeing a team that has played with
so many people constantly injured.  I guess with all the injuries, & NBA
rules limiting moves, they can't really accuse ML of tanking it.

It's hard to believe there are teams with worse records than us.

If we land Duncan, we better add some additional beef inside to help out,
or Duncan will end up like Brad Daugherty.  We need a bruiser like Scott
Pollard who plays 2 games on a stress fracture in his foot.  The Celtic
players stub their toe and they are out for two weeks.  Where are Pervis
Ellision & Dana  Barros ?  What is the status of their latest injuries ?

Can't we bring in Brian Williams for the rest of the season and take a look
at him ?  He isn't making any money, give him a low $ contract & take a
look at him.  He can't be any worse than what we have (or don't have) and
may be a keeper if he has realized his real worth.

I say lose Day, Brickowski, Lister, Fox, & Szabo at the end of the year
(that's what about $6-8M), and get 1 or 2 good free agents to go with the
draft picks. We could have obtained  an Allan Houston or Latrell Sprewell
this year.

We also need to take a serious look at Williams before we sign him to a
multi-year deal and are stuck with another Brown or Barros  the new
definition of "Immovable object"

Anyone see Henry James former CBA player come in and hit something like 8
3's for the Hawks ?  They are looking like a decent team this year with the
Mutombo & Laettner acquisitions looking good.