Re: Billups

- ----------

> I don't know if the C's fans on this list have any idea at all about how
> tremendous Chauncy Billups is.  He is a pure shooter, outstanding leaper,

> more than adequate defensively and seems to play well under pressure.
>
> I know that you'd prefer big men when draft day comes, and I'm all for
> the Duncan selection.  But with that other pick, I'd pluck Billups in a
> heartbeat.  This would allow us to dump some of the supposed shooters
> who are currently occupying space on the roster.  Billups will be a
> future all-star in the NBA and combined with Wesley (if he signs), gives
> us a dynamite backcourt tandem.  Those of you who'll try to pick this
> apart should make an attempt to see Chauncy play first.
>
> Cecil

Billups is a good ball player, but isn't he only a sophomore ?  He has had
some big games this year, but I don't know if he would be a true 2 guard, I
can't say I have not seen enough of him.  If we are going in that direction
I think Ron Mercer is the best athlete after Duncan.  Billups would be a
good choice with the Dallas pick if available. He is one of the few big
point guards that can score.  I still like Tony Battie also, another 28
points 10 rebounds last night.