Re: Todd Day at 2

J. Mark Estepp wrote:

> I never thought I would be saying this, but I believe that Todd Day should
> be kept by the C's and inserted as the starting 2 guard.  He has had a
> streak of several good games, some of them outstanding.  I am also in favor
> of this because I just don't see Minor working out as a solid starter.
>
> I think Day's play has improved because he is showcasing himself for
> whatever team he is on next year.  The C's can capitalize on this if they
> give him some security.
>
> IF Todd Day plays under control (perhaps a big IF) he has shown he can
> rebound, run the floor, and pass the ball, and we know he can shoot.
>
> Flame away.....
>
> Mark Estepp
> Appalachian State University
> Esteppjm@AppState.edu

No Flames from me. But I wouldn't keep Day. His contract is up at the
end of the year and he represents the Sherman Douglas money. I think
it's close to 4 million. We need to get under the cap and be positioned
when the next wave of suitable free agents become available. The last
thing we need is yet another 2 guard with a long term big buck contract.
We need to be creative and find a way to move Dee for a contract that is
up in the next year or two, combine the money with Day's by letting him
go at the end of the season, and be positioned with 10 million
(Brikowski and Lister's $$ included) to grab a front line free agent.
Two number ones this year and 10 million to spend in two years would
change the total complexion of this squad.

This is what Miami and New York did. Why the hell can't we?

Patience Please.

JC