Garnett, other

Garnett is an animal!  And much as I would like to think that the C's could
make a run, NFW.  McHale will pay what it takes, 'cause he knows that if he
loses Garnett, he loses Marbury, and can kiss T-Wolves' respectability
goodbye.

Should they go for it, yes.

Do they have a chance in hell?  Nope.

As far as picks and free agency goes, this draft will tell the tale for the
C's.  If they do well, they should have all the primary pieces in the fold
this year for a 4-6 year run.  Two big (like 6-10 and 7-1), tough Lottery
picks (here's hoping the Dallas pick wins the lottery for us.  Ah, sweet
irony!), added to Fox, a healthy Dino, and the Three W's, and the tools are
there.

And I must admit I was impressed by the Bullets game.  The C's ran the
break effectively and often.  The slick passing and unselfishness were a
pleasure to see.  The C's recorded 32 assists.  It was also the loudest I
had ever heard the Centah in a game, and the players appeared to be juiced
by the support.  It was fun, AND they lost, the best of both worlds in this
Tim Duncan-driven hoop town.

It's games like these that give me hope.  That they are 9-27 and still
fighting hard each game is at least a small tribute to ML.  This actually
makes me wonder what they would have done with a healthy squad?  Probably
been pissy about minutes, but ya gotta wonder.  At least now everyone who
should play gets to play.

And hey, Eric Williams has put together 21/5/5/5, 16/7, and 20/11 games.
He looks bouncier, more agressive and more into it than he did even 10 days
ago,  more like he did when he was healthy last season.  This is a good
sign.  Fox is looking better.  Wesley looks strong, and Walker, who I think
has a tendency to force (9 TO's when he does), is getting there.

May they continue to lose closely contested games until April, may Dallas
get worse and worse (4th worst in the West right now, 7th pick overall if
the draft was today) and may the Leprechaun preside over the draft.

Chris

From: "Raymond DeCampo" <rkdecamp@mailbox.syr.edu>