Re: Re:My dream future

- ----------
> From: showermd@joker.lsc.vsc.edu
> To: Celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: Re:My dream future
> Date: Sunday, January 19, 1997 9:50 PM
>
> Someone said the Celtics would take Battie with the third pick in the
draft. Are  you nuts? If the Celtics cannot come up with Duncan in the
draft, then they need  to take the best available player. I think the Ron
Mercer is going to be a  force. With the Dallas pick, if we can, draft
Koul. If the Bulls can win with
> Longley, and Bill Cartwright, then we can win with Koul. He is better
than
> Montross, and he certainly is better than Longley. A line up of:
>
> Koul          Ellison
> Walker        Radja
> Williams      Minor
> Mercer        Barros
> Wesley        Brown
>
> Realistically I think that this is what we could end up with. Don't get
me
> wrong, I would love to get Duncan, but if we don't, I would be
thrilledwith
> these two picks. Also, keep in mind, Brown could be traded, and a free
agent
> could be thrown in there.
>
> -Derek-

I would take Battie or Mercer if we don't get Duncan (based on their play
to date).  Mercer could be a good 2, but could also fit the 3 spot, which
means we must move Walker,  Williams or Fox.   I'd stay away from Koul,
Pollard neutralized him earlier in the season, & Battie is definitely more
athletic.  We don't need another Greg Kite, Acie Earl, Hamilton, Montross
type in the pivot.  Lets build with a quick athletic team.