Re: lottery, etc.

At  4:45 PM 97.2.24 -0800, Roy Enrile wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 JOzersky@aol.com wrote:
>
>> With a lot of home
>> games left, and Pervis Ellison or Greg Minor possibly coming back, the law of
>> averages would seem to mitigate against other teams continuing to win more
>> often than us.
>>
>> Please tell me what you think.  I wish it were June already!
>>
>   I think that even if you're right & the C's start winning more,
>you don't have to worry.  The NBA fixes the lottery
>during key years(Big new markets Charlotte and Orlando both getting
>virtually back to back #1 picks).
>   Stern knows how good a Bos/LA, Duncan/Shaq rivalry would be for
>the NBA.  If the C's have even the 5 worst record in the end, they'll
>still win the lottery.  Bet on it.

Ooooooh -- cynical!!! So you think there is a little guy hidden inside the
ping pong ball machine spitting up the right numbers? What was it that
someone said about Magic and Bird?

"Magic, the slick flashy inner-city black kid to the Lakers, Bird the
manure-kicking country white boy to the Celts -- it was straight from
central casting!"

As for the possibility of the Celts doing better over the remainder of the
season I just saw last night on some telecast that of all the teams in the
NBA the Celts (and the Clippers?) have the *fewest* home games remaining.
Can anyone confirm this?

In any case if you want to discuss fixing the draft -- I would contend that
the Celts have been trying to do this most of the season and I don't expect
them to stop now.

- -Marc