Re: lottery, etc.

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 JOzersky@aol.com wrote:

> With a lot of home
> games left, and Pervis Ellison or Greg Minor possibly coming back, the law of
> averages would seem to mitigate against other teams continuing to win more
> often than us.
>
> Please tell me what you think.  I wish it were June already!

   I think that even if you're right & the C's start winning more,
you don't have to worry.  The NBA fixes the lottery
during key years(Big new markets Charlotte and Orlando both getting
virtually back to back #1 picks).
   Stern knows how good a Bos/LA, Duncan/Shaq rivalry would be for
the NBA.  If the C's have even the 5 worst record in the end, they'll
still win the lottery.  Bet on it.