Re: ...

> Jerry allan Lawson wrote:
> >
> > We need to keep Rick Fox, he can play well and wants to play for us.
> > Secondly, we don't need a 2 guard. We have too many players making too
> > much money who can take care of the position.
>
> Hey Jerry, my friend.  Who do you consider as adequately "taking care of
> the 2 position on the C's?  Minor is injured.  Day is inconsistent.  Fox,

> though he has talent and heart, is far too slow when matched up against a

> top 2 like Hill, Sprewell or even a rookie like Kittles or Ray Allen.  I
> have been hoping to land Billups with that other pick because of his
> versatility.  Teams have geared up to stop only him on the C.U. team all
> year and still he finds a way to help his team win.  He isn't blessed
> with the kind of teammates Mercer has, but he's performed at a very elite

> level just the same.

I have to agree with Cecil on this one. Even though we do have Brown,
Barros, Day, & Minor all overpaid, none of them can compete with the top
notch guards in the league.  We need a big scoring 2 guard as much as
anything.  I like the Billups selection because he can play both the 1 & 2
guard positions and at 6'3" may be a little undersized against a Penny
Hardaway, but his athleticism can make up for that.  Mercer would still be
my top pick after Duncan, but I don't think he will be around for the
Dallas pick, so we will need to look at a Billups, Willoughby, Freeman,
Carr or a SF and move Fox or Williams for a 2.