RE: Celts lose to New Look Nets: Jersey 109-Boston 93

Hi Bill and Ritesh,
                          As far as Bird's situation is concerned, I saw
an interview on NBC a while back where he categorically stated that he
did not want to be involved in anything other than scouting. He
especially didn't want to coach. Unless he has changed his mind since
that interview, he is not likely to be the saviour that we are looking
for. Anyway, thanks to Bird, we have picked Montross, Eric Williams and,
dare I say, Antoine Walker? After all, it was the Montross trade that
led to Walker's pick!

I finally got around to seeing the Celtics on TV. Man, other than Fox
and Eric Williams, they looked awful. I certainly hope I caught Walker
on his off-night, because it didn't seem that he could do anything
right. The rest of the team, Wesley included, didn't look like they
belonged in the NBA. I know this sounds harsh, so that's why I'm hoping
what I saw was an anomaly and not a regular affair. Common sense would
dictate that when your outside shot is not falling, to take it to the
hoop. But no, the Celts just wouldn't do it. In the first ten minutes,
before the Nets' defence wisened up to Eric's penetration, he was
scoring at will. Once they tightened that up, the Celts simply couldn't
get any more inside shots and what's worse, didn't seem to want to do
it.

Why isn't Boston considered a market anymore? Chicago, LA and New York
were the only towns mentioned as big markets for basketball. I saw an
argument in the Nando times that if Boston got Tim Duncan, then the
market would be back in Boston.

venkat