Re: in response to "rookie of the year"

In my original post, my argument was not about Walker winning the ROY but
about being considered for Roy. The players that David Aldridge considered
for Roy were Iverson, Camby, Allen, Sharif & Kittles and that did not sit
well with me. Both Allen & Camby are definitely not playing better than
Walker nor do they have better stats. Regarding Sprewell he was voted in,
by the coaches the first time and also this time (this time he clearly
deserves it). Last time after his selection Charles Barkeley remarked that
he could dribble the ball better than the Western Conference all star
guards. The fact is Don Nelson enjoyed considerable clout when he was coach
& GM of Golden State and this has helped some of the players when it came
to Roy and all star selections, where difference between competing player
was marginal.
                                                                          -
Mishra