Re: Vin Baker

At  8:21 AM 97.2.11 -0800, smishra wrote:
>There was some talk about whether Vin Baker is an FA or not, by next year.
>The truth is that he has 2 more years on his current contract before he can
>declare himself as free-agent.
>                                                                 - Mishra

This is accurate. Baker originally signed a 10-year deal with the Bucks at
the start of the '93 - '94 season, with the option to become a free agent
in at the end of the '96 season. Renegotiated and moved the option back to
the end of the '98 - '99 season. Thus Baker will not be available for
another 2 - 1/2 years, i.e. summer of '99. I think would definitely be one
of the free agents the Celts will be looking at, esp. assuming that the
long-term contracts of other Celts players will be up then.

If anyone has the information it would be interesting to see not only the
salary each player is getting (posted previously) but how each contract is,
inclduing free-agency options.

- -Marc