Re: in response to "rookie of the year"

"smishra" <smishra@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> > No offense, but in this matter, it doesn't matter who's in the front
> office.
> > Walker won't win the rookie of the year award.  I do like him very much
> and
> > he will be a fine player in years to come.  But, Iverson and Marbury as
> > well as some others do deserve the nod.  Walker is on a horrible team (so
> > is Iverson, but he has good stats) and doesn't help his chances.  He wil
> > (that was supposed to be will) not win the rookie of the year award, not
> > because of poor publicity, merely because he is not the best candidate.
> >

> I does matter who you are playing for, example Latrell Sprewell got
> selected for the all star's game in the year he least deserved. You ask
> why? because he was playing for Don Nelson who had the clout with the
> coaches to get him there.

Actually, he was selected because his mother is an ex-lover of David
Stern, who makes all the so-called "coaches' selections" in a secret
meeting with Nike and NBC.

Have you considered that maybe Sprewell was selected that year because
he had been all-NBA first team the year before?  In fact, I seem to
recall that he was voted in by the fans the second time (though I
could be wrong about that).

And Walker, barring injury, will be in the all-star game very soon
too, but he's not the rookie of the year, not because his coach isn't
in the inner cabal, but because other players are more deserving.
Rookie of the year is chosen by the media, anyway, not by the coaches.
Don't tell me M.L. has a disadvantage with the media...