M.L.'s "style"

I must admit that being on the East coast, and getting older by the minute
(which I guess does beat the alternative) I went to bed at the end of the
3rd quarter last night.

The one thing I saw that really bugged me was as follows:  With a few
seconds to go in the first quarter (I think it was the first), the ball went
out of bounds right to Carr.  He picked the ball up and shot from out of
bounds (an air ball)

The Clippers player standing beside him who was going to put the ball in
play must have said something about delay of game to the ref, and Carr
starts joking and kidding with the player.  Heinson made a comment about
Carr coming into the game, but Cousey was dead silent for several seconds.
The impression I got was that he did not think much of it.

Neither did I.

Mark Estepp
Appalachian State University
Esteppjm@AppState.edu