RE: re-Trades ?

On Saturday, December 27, 1997 11:01 PM, Dan [SMTP:dforant1@nycap.rr.com] wrote:
> Side note: For those who thought the Knicks would be
> better off without Ewing, I noticed the Knicks lost to Toronto without
> Ewing. This particular team will never be better without him. They weren't
> going anywhere with him either. They need a coaching change badly. It was a
> mistake letting Van Gundy take this team over.

You'll notice that these Knicks, *with Ewing* were beaten badly by both
Philadelphia and Dallas.  Since Ewing's out the Knicks have trounced
Dallas and just barely lost to the Raptors.  A case can certainly be made
that the Knicks are actually improving.  Also, Van Gundy isn't the problem
in NY.  It's Grunfeld who gave Van Gundy the rather suspect tools with which
he has to work.

God, I love watching the Knicks suffer!

Jonathan Brainin
jbrainin@interactive.net