Re: Walker on the block

-----Original Message-----
From: R. Bentz Kirby <bocelts@scsn.net>

>The more I think about the Pitino interview, I believe he is fishing to
>trade Walker for something like a potential lottery pick and maybe
>something like to get Pippin.

Walker for Pippen trade would be a death knell for the rebuilding celtics.
Pippen at 33 now, clearly won't be the player when the celtics will be ready
to contend. If at all, they want to trade Walker I hope they do it for a
younger player or not at all.

>I think that Walker is the one that will be traded for several reasons.
>I think that Pitino believes that Mercer can be a better player as he is
>unselfish.  They do not want to put the money into Walker and he may not
>believe that Walker has what it takes to learn.

Walker has makes some selfish play but let's not forget that some of hsi
shots which may look like knuckle head plays have resulted in W's for the
celtics. The difference between Walker & Mercer at the moment is that:
Walker draws either a  double team or the best opposing defender while
Mercer has earn that respect.

> Finally, they may not want to deal with David Falk.  Walker will not be
worth the money he
>will want.  I bet Walker goes to Chicago for Pippin.

Falk also represents Billups & Mercer, so pitino or gaston can't avoid him.
I hope we sign Walker for top dollars and hope that Walker & RP trust each
other enough so that the signing can be done at around Oct'99. The C's need
to be under the cap to get a strong FA  for the team to get to the next
level.

 - Mishra