All Star Voting

Okay folks,

	I was just visiting NBA.com and the first returns for all-star voting are
in.  After checking out the results thus far, I've gotta say that the
leaguye should take away the fans vote, or make it more like the NFL, 1/3
fans, 1/3 players&coaches, 1/3 press.  Shaq is leading the west centers
with over 40,000 more votes than David Robinson, Shaq has done absolutely
nothing this year, he's barely played!  Robinson should be leading, he's
having an amazing year.  This absolutely ticks me off, Scottie Pippen is
2nd in the East for forwards, HE HASN'T PLAYED A GAME!!!!!!  How can he be
an all-star???!!!!????  Penny is 2nd in guards, and I HAVE NO CLUE WHY!  He
has played like garbage and he's injured!!  In case your wondering which I
know you are, Antoine is 6th in the east forwards with 32,347 votes, he's
behind G. Hill (182,362), Pippen (85,286), Kemp (84,856), Rice (46,152) &
Webber (44,062).

	I enjoy being able to vote for all-stars but, I don't think that the
league should just do as the fans say, they should take the fans into
consideration but not rely on them totally, otherwise all it is, is a
popularity contest between the guys who are in the most commercials.
Especially in this day and age when young kids have access to voting and
they've never heard of an Antoine Walker or Glen Rice because they don't
have big cardboard stand-ups of themselves at McDonalds, but they're
tearing up the league.  Instead they go with Scottie Pippen (or should I
say Scot-ta-be 9 nuggets for a $1.29) or Penny, who grant it are good
players, but haven't played this year or in Penny's case have played rather
poorly.

That's my opinon, anyone else??

Mike