Stackhouse, Brevin Knight

The reason Stackhouse is available, and undesirable, is that he's going to
demand a huge contract during the offseason - on the order of $80+ million.
He's a pretty good player but for that money, is he the guy we want?
I'd say his trade value is not really that great, and that Philadelphia
would easily trade him for Billups (who Larry Brown liked during the draft).
Pitino explicitly said that he would not trade Billups for Stackhouse; in fact
that he wouldn't play Stackhouse ahead of Mercer or McCarty.

It's not clear that Brevin Knight is really doing that much better than Billups.
I believe that even in hindsight, there's no way that Knight would move
up to 6 in the draft. Yes, he's put up great numbers in assists and steals.
But he doesn't have NBA three-point range (0-1) and is shooting 40% from
two-point range. He's averaging only 9 points in 32 minutes a game.
Billups is averaging 10 pts in 22 minutes and has shown marked improvement.
Plus, remember when Knight had that huge assist game vs Washington? Strickland
had 27 pts, 17 assists and 7 rebounds that day, compared to being totally shut
down by Boston. So far Knight seems to be a deluxe version of Tyus Edney
while Billups has potential to be much more.

Alex