Re: Sprewell's News Conference

Sorry but Johnny Cochrans presence was not a plus IMO for Latrell. I and
others just got a bad feeling with seeing Cochran on the dais. Spree if
wanting to change public perception of himself to the good should have
left Johnny at home. He has the right to have anyone represent him and
JC will be a great asset in the courtroom but after listening to friends
at the sportsbar and folks on TalkRadio JC's presence also turned them
off. He gave a nice apology that didn't need the entourage. I was
impressed that he had no cards or notes to read off and that showed
confidence in his posistion. Yes he started blaming PJ towards the end
of his talk but overall he did well . Then the Union rep and JC started
the Dog and Pony show. The union and players are scared shitless by this
"firing" as well heck who wants to have to give money back even if a
reprehensible act is committed? The union has to fight this for ALL
their members cause they do not want a precedent set. And well old
Johnny just loves to hear himself talk! If i heard these phrases -"A
rush to judgement" and "arbitrary and capriceous"one more time I thought
I would throw up! My reasoning for his inincerity was just a gut feeling
based on his need to have 65 people on the dais when all that was needed
was himself. We are never going to see eye to eye on this so lets just
agree to disagree on this one. Later.Mike