Bobby Knight

> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 14:55:53 -0500
> From: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@mit.edu>
>Subject: Re: Question

> If he has no hope of nor talent to play in the NBA, then he
> probably should not play for Knight. The abuse is not worth what
> you would learn in the process. Otherwise, you go to Ohio State for
> the program and the exposure, not to bond with Bobby!

First, I would suggest that you go to Indiana rather than Ohio State.
(Though there are probably days when you can hear Bobby all the way
in Columbus).

If you are at MIT, I guess it is easy to confuse lesser schools such
as Indiana and OSU (both uniforms have some red in them....that must
be it!)

IMHO, Knight focuses on performance, discipline and authority.  Those
are issues that are very important in today's society, especially for
its athletes.  If you are intent on having the world give you a
future on a silver platter without personal responsibility, then
don't go to Indiana.  OTOH, if you want to lessons in both basketball
and life, then it moves toward the top of the list.

Don

Donald Mamula    Kirkland WA      mamula@oz.net
All opinions are those of the guest, and do not
reflect those of station ownership, management,
staff or advertisers. We will provide time for
opposing viewpoints...